Monday, 25 November 2013

Upon the Heights of the Earth

"If you refrain from trampling the Sabbath from following your own pursuits on my holy day; If you call the Sabbath a delight, the Lord's holy day glorious; if you glorify it by not following your ways, seeking your own interests or pursuing your own affairs-Then you shall delight in the Lord and I will make you ride upon the heights of the earth: I will nourish you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken." Isaiah 58:13-14

This verse literally jumped off the page the other day.

I read the Bible yearly, different translation each year. Every year, without fail, the word becomes living and effective in my life. The other day, this amazing promise stood out.

Since my last post, many of you read about the struggle I was having trusting God to provide. I am pleased to tell you, the Lord has stretched my faith in huge ways! Not only has He continued to provide for us in amazing ways, He continues to prove that He is more than able to do so!

And as I ask Jesus to make me more and more like Him, every single day, I ask Him to share His secrets with me as well. This verse, seemed to be very important, and so I took note.

What does it mean to "Ride upon the heights of the Earth?" Well, I looked it up in a few commentaries. It's basically a promise to live above the world, to have conversation in heaven, to be in the utmost safety-to enjoy the greatest plenty especially spiritually. To have power and authority in the Earth. Who wouldn't want this?

The next thing that stood out to me, was "I will nourish you with the heritage of Jacob". Why not Abraham, why not Isaac? Why Jacob? Well, the promise to Jacob is this-(Gen 26:3) "thou shall spread abroad to the west, and to the east, to the north and to the south" expressing a larger inheritance.

Chris and I  pray for God to use us for His kingdom. We ask Him to allow us to spread His truth, love and hope everywhere we go. But what I find interesting, is that we know the saying usually as "To the North and South, East and West." But here, West is first.

Galway is the West of Ireland. In my heart, I pray God will give us the west for His kingdom-but His promises are always bigger than our thoughts! We must keep the east, south and north in mind as well.

And the most important thing, is that we intentionally give the Lord a full day of undivided attention, glory, focus and praise. We will then begin to delight in the Lord. That means, it will become something you will want-all the time!

One things' for sure...the verse ends in "for the mouth of the Lord has spoken". Which basically means, I am who I say I am. I do not lie, and I will do what I say I will do.

So here's to a day of full, intentional worship and rest in Jesus. I pray you too may find a day to hide away in the Lord as an individual and as a family. Not legalistically, not by following rules and becoming bound, but by simply enjoying His presence, studying His word, spending time with Him for the entire day, maybe writing a blog about what He's shared with you in His word...

After all, He made the Sabbath for us, and then He went even further to give a promise. He knows how hard it can be to devote a whole day to Him, but it's for our own health, our own good! Aren't you glad He loves us so much?

So here's to finding your Savior in a deeper way-and for the promise to " Delight in the Lord, and ride upon the heights of the Earth."

From Ireland,
~Larena

No comments:

Post a Comment