Thursday, 4 October 2018

And one thing stays the same...Change!

One thing for sure is that one thing stays the same.... Change!

After 5 years of being a full-on Team with Chris, doing everything alongside him, aiding him, planning for him, directing with him, being simply with him....life took a new direction.

I had the greatest gift I've ever prayed for come in and rock my world on July 31st, 2017.
Her name, Anora Christina!
My goodness, what a joy this baby girl is!
What an honour it is to raise her!
There is not a day that goes by that I would EVER wish my former life before her back again...
But nothing could prepare me for the immense change that comes with a little one.

No one told me that things would change--SO much. That I couldn't do everything I did before, and still raise a baby successfully, lovingly, well.
No one told me it was a 24/7 full-time job called Mother. :)

Please hear my heart, I am fully and totally in love with this life, it just took some time for me to adjust is all.

Adjust what?
Well, for one, EVERYTHING! :)

I moved here with Chris to be a missionary who served 100% by his side in everything, hands-on fully and completely. (Many times I even bossed him around a bit---please God forgive me).
And since having this precious gift, I find my role has changed, and it's taken me a full year (and a few months) to finally, finally really appreciate it, stop guilting myself and bask in it!

I am still 100% fully, by Chris' side in everything. Maybe not hands on, but in prayer and whatever he asks of me. I am still a missionary. It just looks different now.

As soon as Anora was born, this deep intense desire to pray more, research more, break strongholds, pray scripture over situations, use Biblical symbolism in ministry took over. I wanted to pray for her, for Chris for Galway, for Ireland. For the youth, for the people here, for God's Holy Spirit to show up and bring people to know Him. I wanted to watch Chris become the incredible world changer that he already is.

And let me tell you, I've seen more fruit through praying, than I ever saw being fully hands on.
Why? How can that be?
Well, because I finally got out of the way, and have learned how important it is for me to be the support and power of prayer behind my husband. I finally figured out that he is the one that is the spearhead, and I am to be there right behind him, praying him through.

It took a beautiful bundle of joy to finally help me learn that the greatest and most powerful tool we have as missionaries, is prayer. I knew this, but now I KNOW this.

Prayer has always meant so much to me, but in this season, it has become so much more!
It is through the prayers and support of others, that we are able to do this work.
It is through the prayers and love of others, that we see God moving.

It is now through the prayer and warring in the spiritual realm that I will see God move mountains, in Jesus name for Galway, for Ireland.

I might not be running the show like I use to with Chris, but I am still behind him, with him and sending him in the most powerful way that I ever can...on my knees.

My new role is to be a doorkeeper-for my husband, my baby, this city, this nation.
I am called to watch and be in tune to be ready for the attacks of the enemy and bind them, stop them and fight against them in prayer.

I am called to pray for those whom I love, who do not know Jesus. I am here to use the authority that Jesus has given me, with the power of His Holy Spirit to speak His word over people, situations, strongholds and over this nation.

I am called to be more intentional in everything I do, plan, pray for and serve in.
And in this new season of being a Missionary wife, I am finding I am more fulfilled than ever before.

As I watch Chris flourish in his call and purpose to reach this nation for Jesus, I am fulfilled.
And through it all, I know that one thing is for certain,  that when I am right in the center of God's will, that is when I am most at peace and fulfilled.

It's taken me a full year (and a few months) to wrap my head around that.
Yep, I can be a little dense sometimes. :)
I don't have it all together, but I serve a God who does, and He is helping me get there, little by little in this one life we have to live. <3
~Larena Ann

Book photo credit "Intercessory Prayer. Prayer that Mountainsntians" Duch Sheets.
Highly recommend this book if you want to war in prayer!





No comments:

Post a Comment