Waiting...
It seems that's what the entire Christian life adds up to.
You get the promise, you hold onto it. And then you wait.
It's in these times that your faith grows the most. At least that's what I believe.
We tend to rely on Him more, seek Him more...plead more...pray more...read more...dream more.
And I believe that's exactly part of the process.
As a Christian, who once lived life without God...for years. I can say without hesitation, that I'd much rather it be this way, than the way I use to live.
Because you see, before, I had no certainty in that which I waited for.
I had only myself to rely on, and others, to hope they would come through.
But I found very early on in life, that people let you down, time and time again.
But when the Lord speaks something to me, I know He will come through.
It may seem like I'm waiting forever. And honestly, many times I do.
But that's part of the process. Because in that time frame, that's when He's molding and pushing and chiseling, and sculpting my heart and prayers to be in line with His perfect plan.
I believe every word He's ever spoken to me, and what His word says, not only because I've watched it unfold and come to pass in my own life, but because I've seen it happen in so many others lives before me.
And although there is pain and constant longing during the time of waiting, it's part of the process...to get to that point, where you know, that no matter the outcome...even if you heard wrong, or didn't understand the promise---that God will come through and all will unfold. For He is faithful.
There is always hope in the waiting.
Although it's tough, and it seems to take forever, I can rest, knowing that His perfect plan and will, will come to pass in my life.
"The one who calls you is faithful, and He will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24
"For I know the plans I have for you, 'says the Lord' plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
It's getting my heart to that place, where I trust Him, through it all.
It's this verse that can get me through everything...
"Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
I chose to hope, and trust Him.
After all, I've seen Him fulfill the promises He made to us, concerning what we are doing right now--here in Ireland, which changed our entire lives.
It took years, but it was worth every moment of waiting.
Because it's more than we could've ever asked or dreamed of.
So it's worth waiting for...
His promises are always worth waiting for.
Because He's faithful, and He will do it.
~ Larena Ann

No comments:
Post a Comment