Monday, 21 December 2015

A Baby...

A Baby-
A precious little baby is how you chose to come,
to live
to love
to serve
to sacrifice
to die.

You came just to save me from myself. You came to prove to me the deepest love, that ever existed.
You came to show me no matter what I've done or who I've failed,
or how I've failed...
That you are there,
to pick me up again.

Just a baby-a little baby-born in a little middle eastern manger.
A baby-
that would change the course of time.

A baby-that would change my eternity,
my existence...
my life.

I remember before you were "born" in my mind.
My heart was filled with the gift of pain from this world...
Full of the pain of those who failed me;
Of that which had failed...

And the pain, so real, so raw, so alive...
It plagued me.
It tormented me in the darkness, where I'd cry myself to sleep..
An ache would throb inside the depths of my heart that wouldn't leave me..it lingered...

I felt alone,
Unloved
Forgotten
Purposeless
Useless
Wandering...
What was the point of it all?

It took a death.
One so intense, where the pain consumed the last unbroken part of my heart.

In that moment of death---
My heart shattered into a million little pieces...

That was the moment you broke through the clouds---
Your warm breath blew all around me-
and you wrapped your arms around me-
and reminded me...

That you were there-
That I wasn't alone.

And then, the memories flooded back---
A baby-
A precious little baby is how you came,
to live
to  love
to serve
to sacrifice
and die.

You died to come back to life...
And in that death, you brought me life.
In your death, I felt alive.

You've taken my shattered heart, and you put it back together again.

I feel loved,
Remembered.

And over time, you called me into your purpose.
No longer Useless.

You called me onto a path.
No more Wandering.

Father, thank you for sending that baby-
that precious little baby-
that was you....
to change me.

The greatest gift ever given...
Was a Savior,
born in a manger.



No comments:

Post a Comment